Sunday, January 27, 2019

Tasting - Chalkboard Malbec

Name: Chalkboard Malbec
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2017
Price: $10

Winery Review: "This sinfully rich Malbec has concentrated plum and black currant flavors topped with spicy cinnamon and nutmeg notes. The perfect match for a classic rib eye steak with chimichurri." "Balanced and refined." "Smooth."(Chalkboard Wines, 2018). 

My Review: Pretty good! I definitely picked up on the dark fruit aromas and flavors, especially blackberry. The aromas and flavors are also strong and intense, characteristic of a New World wine. I agree with the winery review in that it's balanced and smooth. There's almost a creamy mouthfeel to this wine. Dry with medium tannins. Overall I think this is a solid wine, especially for only $10. I did not taste this with any food, but I would absolutely try this wine again with some kind of red meat or red sauced dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment