Thursday, February 7, 2019

Tasting - Cantina Villafranca Frascati

Name: Cantina Villafranca Frascati
Variety: 45% Malvasia di Candia, 15% Trebbiano Toscano, 25% Malvasia del Lazio, 15% Grechetto
Region: Lazio
Country: Italy
Year: 2016
Price: $10

Winery Review: A blend of 45% Malvasia di Candia, 15% Trebbiano Toscano, 25% Malvasia del Lazio and 15% Grechetto. This luminous, golden wine shows fragrant aromas of honeysuckle, white melon, peach blossom and almond (Vintage Cellar). 

My Review: Somewhat unimpressed. I detected very subtle floral notes and perceived a certain "warmness" in the wine; however, it did not taste very unique or special to me. Nothing really stood out to me in this wine. I did not try this with any food, but I wonder if the subtle flavors and aromas in the wine might be brought out more if it was paired with food. Not my favorite, but I would be willing to try it again with food to see if it improves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment