Friday, March 15, 2019

Tasting - Clos du Bois Pinot Grigio

Name: Clos du Bois Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: San Joaquin Valley, California
Country: United States
Year: 2016
Price: $10

Winery Review: "Aromas of white peach, melon, and pink grapefruit, with delicate floral notes. Upon tasting, it has vibrant, lively acidity, with bright citrus flavors and a long, crisp finish."

My Review: Not bad, but definitely not my favorite Pinot Grigio. Like the above review, I detected aromas and flavors of peaches and citrus with a hint of floral. This wine was bright and crisp, but a little stronger/heavier than I would have liked. I tried this wine with blackened tilapia. The blackened seasoning balanced the crisp acidity of this wine. However, the stronger flavors and body of this wine overpowered the delicate tilapia in my opinion. Overall, this was an okay wine, but I probably won't be buying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment