Sunday, February 17, 2019

Tasting - Barefoot Bubbly Brut Rosé

Name: Barefoot Bubbly Brut Rosé Sparkling Wine  
Variety: Unknown/Sparkling Blend
Region: Central Valley, California
Country: United States
Year: N/A
Price: $11.29

Winery Review: "This very approachable wine has fresh and peachy aromas, slightly sweet flavors like cotton candy and a smooth frothy texture. It's easy to sip and easy to like, especially at this price" (Wine Enthusiast - 85). 

My Review: Not bad, but also not great. I enjoyed the subtle aromas and flavors of cherries and other light red fruits. The light, delicate body of this sparkling wine made it very easy to drink. I would have to disagree with the winery review in that there are sweet flavors like cotton candy. I definitely didn't pick up on anything sweet or any residual sugar. Overall, this wine is okay, but a little lacking in depth and flavor. I feel like I could get a better wine for a similar price. I also did not try this wine with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment