Thursday, February 21, 2019

Tasting - Mont Pellier Voignier

Name: Mont Pellier Voignier
Variety: 100% Voignier
Region: Napa, California
Country: United States
Year: 2015
Price: $15

Winery Review: "With abundant aromas of honey-suckle, stone fruit, apricot and tropical fruit, our Viognier finishes crisp and clean with hints of vanilla and fruit that is pleasantly balanced" (Vintage Cellar). 

My Review: I'm not too familiar with the Voignier varietal, but I enjoyed this wine. It had a nice balance of floral and fruity aromas and flavors, and I especially picked up on pear and mango. I agree with the review in that it was "crisp" and "clean." It wasn't overpowering and it was very refreshing. I would definitely try this wine again. I also did not try this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment