Thursday, February 21, 2019

Tasting - La Misión Chardonnay

Name: William Fevre La Mision Reserva Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Maipo Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2016
Price: $22

Winery Review: "This La Misión Chardonnay is very fruity and highlights notes of pear, white peach, and a hint of smoke which is very characteristic of some vines from the Maipo Valley. It is very fresh and round in the mouth and has developed aromas of toasted bread and butter" (Vintage Cellar). 

My Review: I'm usually not a fan of Chardonnays, but I actually liked this one. Like a California Chardonnay, this wine also had characteristic oak and butter aromas and flavors, but it wasn't overpowering like many California Chardonnays are in my opinion. The fruity flavors, especially pear, still came through, which was quite nice. It had a smooth, pleasant mouthfeel as well. I did not try this wine with any food, but I would maybe like to try it with buttered popcorn just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment