Saturday, February 23, 2019

Tasting - Vigna Lenuzza

Name: Vigna Lenuzza Friuli Colli Orientali Refosco
Variety: Refosco
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $15

Winery Review: "Classic varietal notes of wild herbs, roasted coffee beans, leather and spices deep ruby hues while on the palate sweet spiced notes of cinnamon and cardamom, held together with lively acidity and graceful tannins" (Vintage Cellar). 

My Review: Very interesting. This wine is unlike any I've ever tried before and the flavors and aromas were definitely more complex. I could smell very subtle aromas of cherry and raspberry, but when I tasted it, the flavors were more vegetal, like herbs and leaves. I did like it, but it's not a wine I would drink on its own. I did not try it with any food, but I think it would taste better if it was paired with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment