Thursday, February 7, 2019

Tasting - Les Caprices d' Anaïs Bordeaux Rosé

Name: Chateau des Arnauds Les Caprices d' Anaïs Bordeaux Rosé
Variety: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 50% Merlot
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2017
Price: $13

Winery Review: "Medium pink salmon. Reticent nose of minerals, flowers, and a hint of red berries. Savory, serious, and spicy in the mouth with minerals and red currants showing. A 50/50 blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from 30+ year old vines. This is a serious, food wine with a good backbone" (I-Wine Review). 

My Review: Initially, I did not care for this wine because I thought it was too harsh. The more I tasted it, however, the more I enjoyed it. I liked the dryness of this French rosé, as opposed to the usual sweet rosés I find from California. It was like getting the lightness of a white wine with the red fruit flavors of a red wine. I did not try this with any food, but I would be willing to as per the above recommendation from I-Wine Review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment